Learning Outcomes are summarized lists of the main ideas/skills that students should take away from a chapter. “Learning Outcomes” lists are not exhaustive; there may be other ideas/skills covered in the chapter that are also useful but not necessarily the main focus.
For Chapter 2 the Learning Outcomes are:
1. Identify functional groups present in a molecule.
2. Determine the intermolecular interactions that a molecule can engage in based on its structure.
3. Explain and predict the bulk physical properties of molecules based on their structural features.
4. Name simple organic compounds.
5. Draw an organic molecule from its IUPAC name.