After reading this chapter of the textbook, learning the vocabulary, and working through the review questions, students should be able to:
- Name examples of ores that are sources of elements used in industry, including: iron, aluminum, uranium, zinc.
- Describe some of the geological processes that lead to ore formation, and the kinds of ores that form from these processes.
- Name several mines in Canada and the kind of ore that is produced in each.
Learning outcomes not covered in the textbook chapter in detail, but we may discuss them in class (depending on your professor):
- List several types of renewable energy, including energies driven by solar, geothermal, and tidal sources.
- Describe the sources of energy that we use in Canada, and how these sources vary by province.