Want to create or adapt books like this? Learn more about how Pressbooks supports open publishing practices.
Book Contents Navigation
1. Scale in Geography and Cartography
2. Representations of Space and Spatial Representations
3. Introduction: What is Geomatics?
4. Mapping: A Geographic Tradition
5. Maps as Communication
6. Thematic Maps
7. Cartographic Design
8. Introduction and Perceptual Elements of Colour
9. Colour Theory
10. Measuring and Modeling Earth
11. Frames of Reference and Coordinate Systems
12. Cartesian/Projected Coordinate Systems, UTM
13. Making Earth Flat: Map Projections
14. What is GIS?
15. Data and Information
16. Data Models: Representing Reality as Simply as Possible
17. GIS and Analysis
18. Spatial Arrangement
19. Accuracy, Precision, and Uncertainty of Geographic Data
20. Resolution and Remote Sensing
21. Spectral Signatures
Introduction to Geomatics Copyright © by Scott Bell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.