Prepared by Joyce M. McBeth & Lyndsay R. Hauber (2018) University of Saskatchewan. CC BY-SA 4.0.
Welcome to your physical geology labs! In your first lab, we’ll introduce you to Canadian geology and mineral and energy resources across the country.
The objective of this lab to gain an appreciation of the types of mineral and energy resources in Canada and the mineral and energy resources in your province or territory. We will explore how these mineral and energy resources relate to the patterns in the geology and rock ages in your province or territory.
1.1.1 Learning Outcomes
After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- name several mineral and/or energy resources found across Canada
- describe generally where these resources are found in Canada
- describe how these resources relate to the geology of Canada
- name mineral and/or energy resources found in your province or territory
- describe how these resources are distributed across your province or territory
- describe how these resources relate to the geology in your province or territory
1.1.2 Key Terms
- mineral resources
- energy resources
- geological units
- bedrock geological map
- mineral resource map
- geological provinces
- Canadian Shield
- Interior Platform