10 Theme 1 Review Questions
1. What are some of the consequences of poor oral health? What oral health interventions would you suggest in your role as a health professional?
2. What health strategies have emerged over the past 25 years or so to improve community health in northern and Indigenous communities?
3. What are some goals of a food security strategy in northern communities? What are the different physical and non-physical health aspects of food security?
4. What are some chronic illnesses that are more prevalent in northern and Indigenous communities than in the urban South? Why is the burden of disease in the North greater for these illnesses?
5. There are wide differences in the burden of disease between northern Canada, Alaska, Greenland and northern Russia on the one hand, and the Nordic Arctic regions on the other. Why might this be so?