Our primary goal in adapting University Success from a US-based College Success textbook is to help you succeed in university.
University Success has a student-friendly format arranged to help you develop the essential skills and provide the information you need to succeed in university. This is not a textbook full of theory and extensive detail that merely discusses student success; rather, this is a how-to manual for your first year of study. The book provides realistic, practical guidance ranging from study skills to personal health, from test taking to managing time and money. Furthermore, University Success is accessible—information is presented concisely and as simply as possible.
University Success has the following features to help you achieve your goals: Each chapter asks you to evaluate yourself because success starts with recognizing your strengths and weaknesses, your hopes and desires, and your own personal, individual realities. You’ll develop your own goals based on these self-assessments, determining what success in college really means for you as an individual. Throughout the book, you will find numerous interactive activities created to help you improve your skills. To assist you with this, the material is presented in easily digestible “chunks” of information so you can begin applying it immediately in your own life—and get the most out of your university education.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: You and Your University Experience
- Chapter 2: Staying Motivated, Organized, and On Track
- Chapter 3: Thinking about Thought
- Chapter 4: Listening, Taking Notes, and Remembering
- Chapter 5: Reading to Learn
- Chapter 6: Preparing for and Taking Tests
- Chapter 7: Interacting with Instructors and Classes
- Chapter 8: Writing for Classes
- Chapter 9: The Social World of University
- Chapter 10: Taking Control of Your Health
- Chapter 11: Taking Control of Your Finances
- Chapter 12: Taking Control of Your Future